Logo was designed by Shawnna Bass. Background, lightning, effects and ad were designed by me.
Monster Bride Basegame
All 3D elements were designed by Greg Thomas. The basegame was concepted by me. All textures, the reels and effects were done by me. Symbols were done by various team-members.
Monster Bride Pick Bonus
I concepted a bonus of spinning an electric generator, where the symbol chosen would be stacked in the bonus. The background and doors were done in 3D by Greg Thomas. The coils, all dynamic UI and effects were designed by me.
Monster Bride Freespin
The freespin involves the generator being lifted into the air above the castle to power the Monster Bride. The generator was done in 3D by Greg Thomas with paint-overs and color-matching done by me. All background elements were done by me.
Free Spin Screen
This screen was designed to give a quick explanation about the bonus.
Shown after the Free Spin Bonus. This appears when the doors to the generator shut.
Monster Bride Freespin Topscreen
The topscreen shows the bride being powered by a tesla-coil with lightning flashing in the background. The background was done in 3D by Chris Maness and painted over by me to give it more of a cartoony/painterly style. All coloring and text was done by me. The lineart for Monster Bride is by Sam Lofti.
Designed and painted by me. The bonus marker pops out of the reel and is covered in electricity, bringing attention and excitement about a possible bonus-round.
Monster Bride Transition to Wheel
All 3D animation was done by Greg Thomas. The Effects at the beginning of the animation is done by Chris Maness. I did all animations involving the 2D UI at the end of the animation, as well as blending multiple prerendered backgrounds in After Effects.
All 3D animation was done by Greg Thomas. The Effects at the beginning of the animation and during the pick was done by Chris Maness. I did all animations involving the 2D UI and concepted the ideas for the bonus. All programming was done by Bobby Hulzing.
Atlantis is an underwater-themed game based on finding hidden treasure. As lead, I was responsible for setting the tone of the game. I worked on the background, the wilds, scatter and setting up the pick screen for programming. This was one of our first games to use dynamic animations on the basegame. All the cogs were moved with code, which I worked closely with our programmer to set-up. Everything flows seamlessly into the pick, as seen in the transition.
This is the transition from the basegame to the freespin for Atlantis. It was one of the first games that didn't fade UI elements off of the screen. Everything was done with After Effects and no code so the programmers could just drop in the animation file.
Honeyminers was a project based on honeybees mining honey. New aspects, such as making the reels out of actual honey and adventuring into the mine for the pick bonus were new takes on how we did our special content. The pick itself was a little project that development and I worked on to get the proper physics for the honey falling out of a comb and landing in a mine-cart at the proper time.
The Honeyminers pick bonus was one of our most dynamic picks. I worked closely with one of our programmers and a mathematician to determine the physics and what animation files were needed so we could make sure that a drop of honey could be caught from anywhere on the screen. The velocity of the mine cart had to be pared with the acceleration-due-to-gravity of the falling honey. This was a fun project!
This transition was a mash-up of several animations used throughout the game. All of the bee animations were done by me, as well as the 2D art. Another artists panned up the parallaxed screen and did the explosion and text.
Casino UI Template 3.0
A third redesign of the UI was necessary to further simplify and push the company into the competitive class 3 market. Unnecessary elements were dropped, such as buttons that were already part of the hardware, and areas such as the win-box were made more noticeable to the player.
We also created a wide-screen template for the game symbols to show off the artwork with our new 1080p monitors. Everything was standardized and ratios were maintained among three different screen-sizes.
Our systems UI was in need of a major design upgrade. All panels and UI elements were standardized to create a visual identity for the company. This design also allowed the artists to focus more on backgrounds instead of making floating buttons work with the background.
A secondary goal was to standardize the sizes of our graphics to make sure that everything was the same ratio between monitor sizes since we had started working with multiple resolutions. Everything was pixel-perfect so development could simply drop in new assets. These standardizations saved design and development weeks of time.